Monday, February 24, 2014

February 10, 2014

Hello Family!


It's been a pretty good week. Our investigators have been progressing...Katrina will either be baptized this week or the next week. Her little brother will probably be in the next few weeks. We've been really trying hard to make sure that our investigators are prepared to be baptized. It is really easy to get a baptism in the Philippines, but a lot of people don't even last a year after their baptism. I made a commitment to myself that I won't baptize anyone if they don't have a testimony. Katrina has been doing great with reading the Book of Mormon. Her and her Mom read everyday...and her mom told us that Katrina reads really really loud so that everyone in the house can hear her, haha. It's been great to see the changes that her mom has been experiencing. When we met her she was super quiet and sad...she hardly said anything. She told us the other day that she hadn't been to church for ten years before she started coming again here. She also told us that she feels happier and 'lighter' now that her and her kids are coming to church. It shows...she is always smiling now. 

We are still working on teaching her oldest daughter and her boyfriend...they may take a little while longer, but that's okay. Conversion can take time. 

We also have an interesting new investigator...we are at war with another church for him, haha. What I mean, is that he is also investigating another church at the same time. We taught him about the restoration and the Book of Mormon and he accepted it alright. He had a lot of questions...Bible questions. The church that he is investigating right now believes that their founder is the angel from the East that is mentioned in Revelations 7...the one that will gather Israel and seal them in their foreheads. We invited him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and he accepted the commitment. Then he told us to come back with Bible verses to support our doctrine, haha. I sometimes wish that people would rely a little bit more on the Holy Ghost as well as the Bible...because one never lies and the other one has been translated hundreds of times and confuses a lot of people. As I've read the Bible, I've noticed that my own testimony of the gospel has been strengthened. There is nothing in the Restored Gospel that is out of harmony with the Bible...because the gospel is the same now as it was back then. We will have some pretty good verses for him though when we come back. Then we'll ask him again to ask if it is true. 

As for my health situation, not a lot has changed physically I guess. What has changed though is that I have the strength and courage to face it. I love this work and I have faith that the Lord will continue to support me. 

I love you guys. 

Love, 


Jared.                          

No comments:

Post a Comment